PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release for Late February and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.
Quartet Records, in collaboration with Gruppo Sugar, proudly presents the premiere expanded CD release of Lee Holdridge’s epic symphonic score from the popular fantasy adventure film directed by Don Coscarelli in 1982.
Recorded in Rome with members of the Orchestra of the Academy of Santa Cecilia and the Radio Symphony, Holdridge provides an incredibly powerful and exciting score dominated by an epic main theme. The score also features a beautiful love theme, fierce action cues, adventure music and dark and mystical passages.
The first score album for The Beastmaster was released by Varèse Sarabande in 1983. It was subsequently reissued by CAM Records, and as a promotional album paired with music from Holdridge’s TV score to Beauty and the Beast. The album underwent some modifications along the way—most notably, the addition of Holdridge’s dramatic re-write of the climactic “The Battle on the Pyramid.” It is the revised program that appears here.
Quartet’s expanded score assembly was created from the surviving first-generation CAM master tapes, vaulted in mint condition at Gruppo Sugar, and differs from both the original album and the music as heard in the film. The assembly features much music that was cut from the film, as well as several alternate takes and compositions. The score is presented in film order, as originally conceived by Holdridge.
Mastered by Claudio Fuiano, the package for this deluxe edition includes a 20-page full color booklet with liner notes and track-by-track analysis by John Takis.
The Original Album
01. The Legend of Dar (Main Theme) (1:32)
02. The Horde (The Destruction of Emur) (2:43)
03. A Sword and an Eagle (The Epic Begins) (4:49)
04. Friends of Dar (Suite 1) A) The Princess Kiri B) Kodo, Podo and Reu (3:35)
05. The Pyramid (2:47)
06. Night Journey (Suite 2) A) The Eagle B) The City (3:56)
07. The Battle on the Pyramid (6:42)
08. A Hero’s Theme (The Legend of Dar) (2:56)
09. Heroic Friends (4:30)
10. Escape From the Pyramid (2:40)
11. Dar’s Solitude (1:28)
12. The Great Battle (Dar’s Triumph) (3:37)
13. The New Kingdom (3:22)
The Film Score
14. The Beastmaster (Seq. 1 - Main Titles) (1:48)
15. The Beastmaster (Seq. 2 - Stealing the Child) (3:12)
16. The Beastmaster (Seq. 3 - The Ritual) (1:36)
17. The Beastmaster (Seq. 4 - A New Father) (1:35)
18. The Beastmaster (Seq. 5 - Juan Raid) (4:21)
19. The Beastmaster (Seq. 6 - Sword and Eagle) (4:41)
20. The Beastmaster (Seq. 7 - Ferret Chase/Quicksand) (2:13)
21. The Beastmaster (Seq. 8 - Captive Panther/Fighting Juns) (2:53)
22. The Beastmaster (Seq. 9 - The Bathing Scene) (1:20)
23. The Beastmaster (Seq. 10 - Dar Pursues Kiri) (5:10)
The Film Score (Cont.)
01. The Beastmaster (Seq. 11 - Journey to the City ) (1:31)
02. The Beastmaster (Seq. 12 - Sacrifice Thwarted) (4:16)
03. The Beastmaster (Seq. 13 - Death Sentence) (2:16)
04. The Beastmaster (Seq. 14 - Eagle Vision) (2:22)
05. The Beastmaster (Seq. 15 - The Rescue of Kiri) (2:21)
06. The Beastmaster (Seq. 16 - Raft Escape) (4:12)
07. The Beastmaster (Seq. 17 - Into the Pyramid/Corridor Ambush) (1:00)
08. The Beastmaster (Seq. 18 - Stealing the Keys/The Cell) (4:41)
09. The Beastmaster (Seq. 19 - The Escape Begins/The Escape Continues) (2:49)
10. The Beastmaster (Seq. 20 - A Little Late) (1:27)
11. The Beastmaster (Seq. 21 - Outside the Pyramid) (1:34)
12. The Beastmaster (Seq. 22 - Through the Gate/Dar the Outcast) (2:44)
13. The Beastmaster (Seq. 23 - Pyramid Battle, Part I (Alternate) (2:49)
14. The Beastmaster (Seq. 24 - Pyramid Battle, Part II (Alternate) (2.18)
15. The Beastmaster (Seq. 25 - Pyramid Battle, Part III (Alternate) (3:57)
16. The Beastmaster (Seq. 26 - Preparations) (1:48)
17. The Beastmaster (Seq. 27 - The Horde Attacks/The Moat/Dar vs. Jun Leader) (4:48)
18. The Beastmaster (Seq. 28 - The Tide Turns) (1.30)
19. The Beastmaster (Seq. 29 - A New King) (3:24)
20. The Beastmaster (Seq. 30 - Finale) (2:05)
21. The Battle on the Pyramid (Film Version) (6:42)
Total Album Time: 135:18
LIMITED EDITION OF 1200 UNITS.